The National Weather Service forecast dangerous conditions of high wind and surf throughout Hawaii Island starting Sunday and lasting for several days.
Due to the unpredictable nature and extreme danger from high wind and surf, the following are in effect:
- Secure all loose objects that may be affected by wind such as canopy tarps and yard furniture that maybe damaged or create a danger to others.
- Boat and aircraft owners must secure or remove all vessels.
All preparations should be completed before nightfall.
The following locations will be closed after today;
- All County Beach Parks and Camp Sites
- All State Beach Parks and Camp Sites
- Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa Summit Areas
- Namakani Pa`io Volcano National Park Camp Ground
- Waipio Valley – Closed, open to Waipio residents only
- Bayfront Highway
- No other road closures at this time